top of page

Get Involved



Attend our meetings - see Calendar for times and places

Attend our rallies and protests - see Calendar

Join one of our allied organizations - see Who We Are

Email, call, and visit your county council member - see below


Get Informed

Know Your County District and Your Council Representative


Know Your State District and Your State Representative:


Join One of the Local Environmental Groups for Emails/Information About New Developments and Impacts on Our Environment:



            Sussex Alliance for Responsible Growth:

            The Nature Conservancy:

            Interfaith Power and Light:

            Sussex Health & Environment Network:

            Save Our Lakes Alliance 3:

            Plastic Free Delaware:

            Green Drinks:


Read Local Newspapers, Editorials, and Letters To the Editor


Review the County Comprehensive Plan

and the County Code on Future Land Use:

Take Action

Just One Action Can Make a Difference!

Join One or More Local Groups Concerned About Our Environment, Overdevelopment, and Related Issues (see list above)


Sign Petitions Voicing Your Objections to Further Degradation of Our Environment, Overdevelopment, and Lack of Adequate Infrastructure for Existing Development


Respond to Calls to Attend (in person or on-line) Public Hearings of the County Council to Show Your Concern (visit county-council


Call in at the start of any County Council meeting to voice your opinion on any County topic. Anyone can speak for 3 minutes during the “Public Comments”. To join the meeting via telephone: Dial Conference Number 1-302-394-5036 Conference Code 570176 (Check the Agenda for that day for Conference Code changes at: https://


Respond to Calls to Attend (in person or on-line) Public Hearings Concerning New Subdivision Developments & Ordinances to Show Your Concern (visit https://


Speak at Public Hearings About Pending or Future Land Use Applications


Write to County Council Members About Your Concerns


Voice Your Support for New, Stronger, Protective Legislation


Write to your State Representative About Your Concerns (Note: Due to “home rule”, State Representatives do not have the power to make local Land Use decisions. They may however influence the decisions of a County Council representative in their district by sharing your concerns with them.)


Still not sure? Need help getting started? Suggestions? Questions?

Email us at

  • ZelleQR
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
bottom of page